Two-Factor Authentication is an enhanced security measure to secure your cPanel account and requires two forms of authentication:
- your username and password
- a security code generated from a 2FA app on your smartphone
The 2FA two-factor authentication apps suggested by cPanel are:
- Go to cPanel > SECURITY > Two-Factor Authentication.
- Click on "Set Up Two-Factor Authentication".
- Next, you must link your cPanel account to your 2FA application:
- Scan the QR code by the 2FA app to link your cPanel account and automatically generate a security code;
- Enter the generated code in "Security code";
- Click on "Configure two-factor authentication".
You can manually generate the security code by entering the account information and key on your 2FA application.
- A message appears informing you that two-factor authentication has been successfully configured.
- Each time you log into your cPanel account, you must retrieve the six-digit security code from your 2FA application, and enter it in the "Security code" field: