Web Disk is a service based on the WebDAV protocol (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) that allows you to save, view, synchronize and manage your files online (documents, photos, audio, videos, etc.) from your hosting account on one or more devices (computer , smartphone, tablet).
To create a Web Disk account, follow the steps below:
1- From your cPanel account, go to FILES > Web Disk.
2- The main Web Disk account is created automatically upon activation of your hosting plan.
3- To add additional accounts with specific permissions (public or restricted access to a directory), fill in the required information on the "Create an Additional Web Disk Account" form.
- Username: Username of the additional Web Disk account.
- Password: The password for the additional account.
- Directory: When creating a Web Disk in "public_html", the files loaded in this directory are accessible to everyone. If you want your files to remain private, use a non-public directory (outside of the "public_html") directory or protect the directory with a password.
- Read-Write access allows all supported operations to be performed within the directory assigned to this Web Disk account.
- Read-only access allows the Web Disk account to only read, download, and list files within its assigned directory.
- Enable Digest Authentication: To access your Web Disk via an unencrypted text connection on Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8 and Windows® 10. (not recommended).
4- To modify, delete, change the password or permissions of an account, go to "Manage Additional Web Disk Accounts".
To set up a Web Disk account on different devices, see the following article: How to set up a Web Disk account on a device?