- The domain to be added must already be registered beforehand.
- Domain name servers must be configured to point to your cPanel account.
How to add an addon domain on cPanel?
An addon domain is a domain name that is linked to your hosting account, but has a separate website from your primary domain name.
1. To add an addon domain, you need to log into cPanel > Domains > Domains.
2. Click "Create A New Domain"
3. To configure the addon domain name, please complete the following fields and click Submit
- Domain: the domain name that we want to add as an addon domain in this example we have added: domain2.com
- Document Root (File System Location): this is the directory in which the files of your addon domain will be located, this field will be filled in automatically by cPanel.
Make sure the "Share document root (/home/username/public_html) with "domain.com"" option is unchecked.
- Subdomain: When you enter the domain name, cPanel automatically fills in this field.
How to add an alias domain on cPanel?
A domain alias allows you to point to another domain's web hosting and thus display the same content.
For example, consider that your primary domain is domain.com and you also purchased domain.org and domain.net, and you want to display your same website on its other domains, which you also purchased.
How to create an Alias?
1. To add an alias, you need to log into the cPanel > Domains > Domains
2. Click on "Create A New Domain"
3. All you have to do is indicate your domain name in the corresponding box, without the “www” or the “http” in front of the domain name and then click on "Submit".