This tutorial describes the process of installing Joomla through Softaculous on cPanel.
1. Log into your cPanel account
2. On the SOFTWARE section, click on Softaculous Apps Installer
3. Choose Joomla and click on the Install button
4. Fill in the configuration information then click on Install
Software Setup :
▪ Choose Protocol: if you want your site to be accessible in secure "https://" mode and start with the prefix "www.", You must choose: "https://www."
▪ Choose Domain: choose which domain your site will have, the available domains are related to your parked or companion domains.
▪ In Directory: If you want to install Joomla in your domain's ROOT directory, leave this field blank. If you want to install your Joomla website in a subfolder of your account, you can specify the name of the subfolder here.
Example: without changing the default "joomla" folder, your site will display as "https://domain.com/joomla" instead of "https://domain.com".
Site Settings :
▪ Site Name: The name of your site.
▪ Site Description: The description of your site.
▪ Import Sample Data: Choose the type of data you want to use.
▪ Admin username: enter a username (other than admin)
▪ Admin Password: enter a password. (You can see the article on the following link to create a strong password: How to choose a strong password?
▪ Real Name: Your name
▪ Admin Email: enter your email address (the email address with which you will connect)
▪ Select language: Choose the language of your site.
You can let Softaculous choose the database settings. If you want to manually enter these details along with the upgrade, notification and backup settings, click Advanced Options
Once the setup is complete, just click on the Install button and Softaculous will complete the rest for you.