Two-Factor Authentication is an enhanced security measure to secure your WHM account and requires two forms of authentication:
- your username and password
- a security code generated from a 2FA app on your smartphone
The 2FA two-factor authentication apps suggested by WHM are:
- For Android ™, iOS® et Blackberry®: Google Authenticator
- For Android et iOS: Duo Mobile
- For Windows® Phone: Authenticator
To configure two-factor authentication:
- Go to WHM > Security Center
- Click on "Two-Factor authentication"
- Click on the "Manage My Account" tab then on the "Set Up Two-Factor Authentication" button.
- Next, you need to link your WHM account to your 2FA app:
- Scan the QR code by the 2FA app to link your WHM account and automatically generate a security code;
- Enter the generated code on "Security code";
- Click on "Configure Two-Factor Authentication".
You can manually generate the security code, by filling in the account information and the key on your 2FA application.
- A message appears informing you that two-factor authentication has been configured successfully.
- Each time you log into your WHM account, you must retrieve the six-digit security code from your 2FA application, and enter it in the "Security code" field: