Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is an enhanced security measure to secure your account that requires two forms of identification. After entering your email address and password, you must enter a security code. An application on your smartphone provides this code. Without your smartphone, you cannot log into your email account.
The 2FA two-factor authentication applications supported by Webmail are:
To configure the two-factor authentication :
- Go to Webmail from the following link : https://webmail.domain.com, where domain.com is replaced by your domain name.
You will be directed directly to the access authentication page of your Webmail, you must enter your full email address and your password to access your mailbox.
- On the home page, click on "Two-Factor Authentication".
- Click on “Set Up Two-Factor Authentication”.
- Next, you need to associate your email account with your two-factor authentication application.
- Scan the QR code by the authenticator app to link your email account and automatically generate a security code.
- Enter the generated code on "Security code".
- Click “Configure Two-Factor Authentication”.
You can generate the security code manually, by filling in the account information and key on your two-factor authentication application.
- A message appears informing you that two-factor authentication was successfully configured.
- Each time you log in to your email account, you must retrieve the six-digit security code from your 2FA authentication application, and enter it in the field "Security code" :