You can change all the passwords for your Windows shared hosting plan from Plesk.
This article covers the following topics:
- How to change the password to access Plesk?
- How to change the password of the main FTP account?
- How to change passwords for e-mail accounts?
You will find in this article some tips for choosing strong passwords and thus protect your accounts: How to choose a strong password?
How to change the password to access Plesk?
You can change the password of your hosting account from the Plesk interface and the Heberjahiz customer area.
- From Plesk
Follow the steps below to change the password that allows you to access the Plesk control panel:
Click on your name at the top of the screen.
Click Edit Profile.
In the profile settings, enter a new password and confirm it, then click OK.
- Click on your name at the top of the screen.
- Click on Edit Profile.
- In the Plesk Preferences, enter a new password and confirm it, then click on OK.
- From Heberjahiz Customer Area
If you have lost the current password, you can reset it in the customer area of your account from www.heberjahiz.com/client > Plesk. Click on "click here to reset it"
A window to confirm your request will appear, you must click on "Confirm".
An email containing a new password will be sent to the account administrator's address.
How to change the password of the main FTP account?
Pour changer le mot de passe que vous utilisez pour vous connecter à votre compte via FTP :
- Go to Websites & Domains.
- Click on Web Hosting Access.
- Enter the new password in the Password field and confirm it, then click OK.
How to change passwords for e-mail accounts?
The following article describes the steps to change the password for an email account: How to change the password of an email account in Plesk and Webmail?